Medal Misery – Behind the News

This week’s BTN report for Reading Rotations is called ‘Medal Misery’.

Click on the link below to watch the report.

Your task is to create and answer comprehension questions using the question matrix.

Should competitive sports be compulsory in all schools? Leave a comment on the blog after your reading rotation.

10 thoughts on “Medal Misery – Behind the News

1. Dear 5M,

Hi, I liked the BTN story this week. I don’t think competitive sports should be compulsory in all schools. I think they should be focused on but not to full on.

Jack

2. Dear 5M,
    I think that sports shouldn’t be compulsory in all schools because some schools aren’t sport schools and because some people aren’t good at sport and it’s not their thing.
    From, Ashlee

3. No, competitive sports shouldn’t be compulsory in all schools because some sports like horse riding and swimming provide their own places to compete and its just wasting money because you can do these things out of school and they might just be better that way.

4. Dear 5M

Yes. I do think sport should be compulsory in all schools not only for students health and well being but also for fun! I’ve loved these BTN videos they are fun and you learn a lot.

From Renee

5. Dear 5M,

I think that competitive sport should be compulsory for school because it shows a sign of teamwork and competition preparing children for later in life. Seeing as at this school we have lots of sport teams there are so many different types of sport to choose from! You could try a sport that you have never played or a sport you play out of school times. You could also play in a sport team with your friends or play against your friends!

Hope all is well, Lizzy!

6. Dear 5m
    I think competitive sports should be compulsory because it’s a great way to keep students fit and healthy and is lots of fun.

From Erin

7. Yes I do think competitive sports is compulsory in all schools. It gets all the kids active and fit and sports are fun.Though you can’t just do sports to be fit and healthy you need to eat well.

8. Dear 5m,
    Sport should be run at every school because it is good for getting fit and it is a good experience and you might get to have a chance to be in the Olympics or the Commonwealth games.

From dazz.

9. Dear 5m,

I think that competitive sport should be compulsory because people need to be fit and if people are fit they are happy.
    From Joel G

10. Dear 5M,

I think competitive sports should not be compulsory because you might be not very good at them. Just because they make you fit doesn’t mean that you have do those sports. If you do a sport outside of school that sport can make you fit, if not you should eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and try not to eat too much junk food. Drink plenty of water.
    From Joel M